Did you come across Gimme Your Stuff
yet? I did, a couple of weeks ago, and I've been trying to give myself an excuse not to join in (I'm broke/I'm poor/I have no money). No more! In the spirit of my new do, I'm determined to do more things that are fun. So here I am, ready?
In case you are new to this blog, I live in Southern California, USA. I'm ready to swap many a fun goodie including:
- Art/craft supplies
- Magazines and certain books
- Snacks, candy and other food things
- Stuff for your pet
- Handmade goods
- Certain clothing items
- Certain cosmetics and makeup
- Cute things
- Other things you might be interested in: we'll talk about it
I also have easy access to a Trader Joe's, a Borders and a Petco.
I'm a curious gal (with a new determination to be bold and adventurous), and I'm interested in:
- Fabric-fabric-fabric (and other sewing goods)
- Trims, ribbons, buttons and such
- Yarn and knitting goods
- Other craft supplies
- Sewing or knitting magazines
- Snacks and candy (Important
: All food must be vegetarian. If it contains egg it's ok, but if the list of ingredients is not English or French - I need you to tell me
because my boyfriend is deathly allergic to it. Thanks!)
goods (no unauthorized merchandise or knock offs please - out of respect to copyright laws and the characters' creators)
- Some clothing
- Handmade goods
- Other cool authentic things you like yourself
I'd love to chat about what we should get each other, and will be happy to show you what you'll get if you want to make sure you'll like it. Or keep it a surprise - up to you! To keep things fair and civil, let's just discuss these:
1. I really am not very wealthy right now, so let's agree in advance - I can't get you very pricey things or heavy things that will cost a fortune to ship. I don't expect otherwise from you. If you want a Costco size box of M&Ms, please check back with me when I have a decent job. Besides, no one said that smaller, lighter packages can't be awesome.
2. Let's make it a "no stress" fun thing, and give ourselves the time: the time to choose the right items, and to possibly ship the slow way, and such. Like I said before, I'd like to make the best out of the little I have to spare and spending half of it on shipping seems like a waste. And I want to make sure we both come out of the deal very happy. And anyway, what's the rush?
3. Let's not get ourselves and each other in trouble: no swapping of items that are legally forbidden and are not approved by customs laws. That can be very unpleasant.
4. I don't get offended easily, but please don't try me. No porn, unsolicited political commentary about the middle east, religious zealotry or holocaust jokes, thank you. If we get to make good friends - we might talk about it later. For now, let's just avoid those toes.
5. I have pets, so if you're allergic to cats or guinea pigs - we will have to figure something out.
So, wadda ya say? Want to go international with me? If you're interested in swapping with me - please leave me a comment (and make sure I have a way of getting in touch with you).
* Continuing in yesterday's mindset
Labels: Life etc.