Sunday, March 16, 2008

Out of my cave

Well, hello there dear readers!
Yeah, this blog has been hibernating for a bit (is it really March already? Sheesh!), but it's pretty much spring here in the So of Cal and it's time to have some fun. And so I'm back! Did you miss me?

Quite a lot happened since my last update. We moved to our new apartment (the move was a nightmare, as they tend to be, but we love our new place so much it's almost a shame we're just renting it), settled in (after spending six hours and two value packs of Mr. Clean Extra Strength Erasers on cleaning the bathtub and shower walls), moved around a bit at work (for the better), went to see Eddie Izzard live, discovered how cool our new neighborhood is, started new projects, finished old projects, got hooked on Teeccino and started a little "garden" of herbs and vegetables on our back door stairs.
I'll catch up with the details little by little, but here are some photos to entertain you in the meantime.
Enjoy!


Le Kitchen. No, the cat didn't come with the apartment
What you're not seeing is the mess the cats made outside their litter box (to the left) and the giant pile of dishes in the sink (to the right)
The little coffee/tea corner and our new spice rack

Mr. Emmet snoozing in the sun in the den, before we set it up
This is my desk now, all clean and ready to work (Ant's desk... not so much)
Looking from the den into the living room. Ant's just finished vacuuming. And you can't see the new coffee table, but there is one

I got me a few vintage Pyrex dishes. I'm a pattern addict, what can I say?
I made some veggy (broth) soup and "locksh" for us one night when we were sick-y


A new knitting project
Knitting is always better with a cat

Suki, the bathroom cleanliness inspector (I hope we pass)
Suki, the kitty food inspector "I'm not sure about the quality issue... I need to re-inspect. Fill the bowl again, please!"Suki, the sunshine inspector. Yeah... I think she's pleased with it
Suki, the food inspector. Not sure this nectarine is up to par

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, March 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still haven't found out about Plush You 2008. What shop are you in?

 
At 12:46 PM, March 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Good that ur back bloggin!

Glad the new place is working and you are settling in nicely!

Gotta have a contest over who is busiest at work, then we both take holidays and the winner buys beer!

X

Ben

 
At 4:42 PM, March 18, 2008, Blogger La C. said...

Yey, I am so happy to see you back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home