Thursday, December 13, 2007

I went to the MTV Network Christmas party and all I got was this stupid hat

Yeah...
I find it ironic that in the same week our New York comrades fight Viacom (the mother company of MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and other various entertainment companies), we get invited to a fancy Christmas party in Hollywood for MTV and partner networks employees.
The booze was free, the company was grand (I love my co-workers) and the location was very nice and fancy. LA. MTV. You get the picture.
They gave out these crummy white beanies which I thought was funny too.
I'm getting cynical with old age.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, December 25, 2007, Blogger Meirav Rath said...

*reads areticle* ah, capitalism's too heavy a machine to stop its course when it tramples the small people; the party was probably a 'the show must go on' thing.

 
At 3:30 AM, December 26, 2007, Blogger Michal Wright-Ward said...

strangely enough, that was not the case. we got all of the medical benefits back in the end. true, that wasn't the only problem, but it's a decent beginning. and the party must have been in the planning for months, not sure the walkout influenced it much. it's more the "I'm angry enough to walk out on you, but not angry enough to give up free booze" that amused me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home