Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thank you

I wanted to say thank you for all the kind words, the condolences, the beautiful stories so many of you wrote and shared in your own blogs and websites. They can't dull the pain, but they make it more bearable. I never met many of you, and I wish we met under better circumstances, but still. Thank you.

We drove up to Napa for the funeral service on Friday. It was beautiful, lots of people came to say goodbye. Many heart warming words were said. We laughed just as much as we cried, and we did a lot of both.
And then we went in a big group of friends to celebrate Justin's life over dinner and drinks, and while we were clearly one person short, while one chair was painfully empty - it felt great. To be surrounded by friends, to be happy together. It was something to be very very thankful for.

It's quite incredible how many lives Justin has touched in his short life. And very inspiring. He makes me want to be a better person. It makes me want to do more with my life, make more of it. Grab life by its horns, so to speak. His death makes me want to appreciate the people in my life more, mend bridges, restore old friendships.
It even makes me want to draw more, funny as it might sound.

Lesson learned, Justin.
Life's too damn short.
And we're so damn thankful for every minute.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, March 27, 2008, Blogger Tamar said...

Oh Michal, I am just so sorry. Justin sounds like an incredible person.

And since I am late all-around, just wanted to say also, yes of course we missed you! I'm glad you're back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home