Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A little love story

I just finished these two little hand sewn stuffies I really like. Introducing Mark Raccoon and Helen Meow in: A Simple Little Love Story (click forward on the photo stream).



I had a blast with these guys. They're the second and third stuffies I designed myself (The first, Peter, has got some stuff in the works. Hopefully he'll let me tell you all about it soon). They were fun to imagine, fun to sew and fun to take pictures of. It's like a free association exercise, posing them and letting them tell a story. First they told me their names, than they told me they were each secretly very fond of the other - and I didn't even know! That's what I like the most about making things up. The joy of discovery. Hooray!
And if everything in life would really be as easy as finding out the cat or the raccoon that you are fond of, is fond of you too, wouldn't that be just grand?

4 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, October 12, 2006, Blogger Dawn said...

I just love your plushies that you made adn the pictures too!! I think Helen is my favorite!!! So cute!!

 
At 7:37 AM, October 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are wonderful!

 
At 10:33 AM, October 16, 2006, Blogger Michal Wright-Ward said...

thank you! now i need to make more, ah? ;
)

 
At 9:13 PM, October 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are really wonderful, Michal - I love their expressions! (I hope you are okay though... I know how life gets more complicated for us humans, unfortunately...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home