Saturday, July 02, 2011

Love, Forever

I love doing commission work. Yeah, it's fun to make whatever I feel like and work to my own deadline (or, ahem - a gallery's). But commission pieces have an added value - an extra done of heart and meaning.
My latest - a wedding cake topper for our good friends who got married in Big Sur last weekend. The theme of the cake was a nest, and I've been asked to create a pair of birds for it. Cool!
The wedding's colors were chocolate brown, mustard yellow and red, so robins fit nicely into the color scheme.
 The nest is store bought (Michael's, I believe), with a wreath of flowers that was taken apart and assembled on it.
 Whatever you do, please don't ask me about the wings...
The cake's decorator was the bride's aunt from Australia, and she didn't see the nest or the birds until the day before the wedding, yet everything came out absolutely perfect. And the best part? It was a lovely day, and a very lovely wedding. Hooray!
More photos here, on Flickr.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, August 25, 2011, Anonymous *^_^* said...

Wonderful! Awesome!
Thanks, Michal! You're an inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home