Sunday, April 15, 2007

A very short engagement

Hello there, my dear readers!
You have been so patient with me, waiting for three whole weeks for an update on the events leading to the day of March the 23rd (AKA - "our wedding day"). My dears, your waiting is now over! Behold - the insanity (and fun) that were, day by day - the week before.

Sunday, March 18th:
In the evening, Ben, Ant's best friend arrived from England to serve as our best man. He also managed to get us both very drunk. Luckily, he arrived late in the day, so that we managed to spend the morning with Ant's dad who arrived a couple of days earlier, while sober.
This is Ben. He's a fine chap. Very fine.

Monday, March 19th:
As I've mentioned before. I got a new job. I'm now a team member of the Whole Body department at the new Whole Foods Market opening in El Segundo (on Sepulveda and Rosecrans, April 26th, come visit!). We get lots of training. This was the first of the training sessions. We learned about tea. It would have been easier had I not been so hung over. One thing I learned - the caffein in tea is good for hangovers. And all tea has caffein. Good.

Tuesday, March 20th:
Clothes shopping. The dreaded day has arrived. I've been working my bootie off at the gym and avoiding the Pocky filled drawers, but of course three weeks of diet and training were not enough to get me looking the way I would have liked, but it wasn't too bad. My dear friend and maid of honor Amanda took charge of the day (which was good, because the motto of the entire wedding preparation was "oh, that would be a good idea!" Seriously, I didn't think about trivial things like having a wedding cake, getting hair and makeup done and other such simple things. Man, was I clueless...), and we headed off on our clothes hunt.
Anyway, we went to the Glendale Galleria to look for clothes. After nine (yep) hours, we ended up with a shirt and a skirt. Next time I tell you I'm going to look for a dress, please slap me hard on the face and remind me that I have more interesting things to do with eight hours (which is how long it took me to realize that I'm really not a dress girl. The ninth hour is when I quickly and easily found a shirt, a skirt, shoes and necklace. So simple when you're looking for the right thing). Seriously.
I came back to an empty house, as Ant and Ben took off for Ant's small and exclusive bachelor's party. I didn't ask any questions. Still won't.

Wednsday, March 21st:
Spa day! You'd think it would be the one day in all the crazy week I'll get to enjoy myself a little, relax and such - right? Wrong. Man, what a stressful day that was! They got my appointment wrong, so that my hour and a half appointment with relaxation turned into fourty minutes (a very good, don't get me wrong) facial and massage, and twenty minutes of the poor esthetician running around for me, looking for another esthetician who might be available and will not make me late for the manicure and pedicure I was due for later. I was. And the dear nail lady wasn't happy about it, and she didn't hasitate to show it. Good grief.
Then, we had about half an hour to get food, drop Ben off at the apartment, and go greet Ant's mom and my parents who landed at LAX one hour apart from each other.

Thursday, March 22nd:
One day to go! No one got much sleep at night. In the morning, I entertained my parents by taking them to lunch in Manhattan Beach. It was a beautiful day. We went down to the beach where it all started. That's my dad. Me? I'm very amusing when I'm tired. Ask anybody.

Then, we came back home just in time for me to bake cookies and get ready for my bachelorette party!
Maid of honor Amanda and great friend Crystal took me... to Disneyland! They booked reservations to the Blue Bayou, which I've been dying to go to since I've seen it on our anniversary trip to Disneyland. It was great. They even got me a pair of ears with a veil! What great friends. Much fun time has been had.

I finally got to go on the original Mary Blair "Small World" ride. Very exciting. We were not really meant to take pictures on the rides, but it was late and we didn't get caught (more photos here).

There were pretty presents for me when we got back home, and some minor cake drama (well, it looked like a lot of drama then, of course), and I ended up going to bed at 3:30 AM. It was my last night as a single girl and I didn't have a drop to drink, what did you expect? ; )

Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode to hear about the actual big day! Trust me, you won't be disappointed!



At 7:24 AM, April 16, 2007, Anonymous sarah said...

I love wedding stories, especially when they are told by such lovely and laid-back people! Weddings are so much more fun without a wedding nazi to ruin it all. It's supposed to be a happy occassion and it looks like you got yours started off RIGHT!

At 12:23 PM, April 17, 2007, Anonymous Tamar said...

I am loving the wedding story! More, more! It looks like you had such a fantastic week, even with the stress/lack of sleep. I thought I was pretty laid back for our wedding but I think you have me beat!


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home