Saturday, August 25, 2007

Good bye, sweet Cleo

I just got a terrible email from my parents - our poor old Cleo passed away. My sister discovered another lump on her stomach last week and she went into sergury on Thursday. She recovered a bit slower than last time, but she seemed all right. And today my parents came back from family visits to find her dying. She died in my father's arms. She was fourteen and if there's any consolation, she lived a good life. She also, hopefully, didn't suffer so much in the end, like her mother did.
Cleo was a silly cat. A real dummy. She would walk into walls on occasion, and get stuck in our winter blankets like velcro. She would always walk behind and around the couch or chair you were sitting in before jumping in your lap. She didn't care much for food, except for fruity yogurt (and even that, a couple of licks and she was stuffed). My sister just recently added her to The Infinity Cat Project. She must have had no clue what was going on. Silly kitty...
But she was a sweetheart of a cat, who was always there if you were crying. She slept in my suitcase on my last days in Israel like she knew I was leaving and didn't want me to go. She would come and ask for attention all the time, like a little puppy. And she always slept in someone's bed. Every night.


Cleo 1993-2007
We miss you, fuzzy one. We miss you so much.





More about Cleo on my sister's blog.

It seems like the last few weeks have been terrible for bloggers and their pets. I'm sending a virtual hug to each and every one of you, you know who you are. It seems wrong to link around about this.

August has been a very bad month. Thank God it's almost over.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, August 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor pets this month! The worst is that your Cleo looks like my old cat, Dinky, with my new cat's name. So it gave me extra chills. I'm sure she is in a better place now, not having to deal with lumps and sickness! *hug*

 
At 7:52 AM, September 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss. Sweet blue-eyed kitty.

Hugs to you.

 
At 6:32 PM, September 04, 2007, Blogger Dawn Alice Rogers said...

such a sweet kitty. i love your description of her personality. many condolences from another cat lover.

 
At 5:32 PM, October 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michal,

I'm so sorry to be this behind in sending my condolences. Jeez, isn't "condolences" just the stuffiest and most formal word ever? I mean something much more heartfelt than that, believe me. I can imagine how much you will miss your sweet kitty. She was beautiful, as is your tribute to her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home