Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It ain't summer no more, baby

It rained for the first time this weekend (rain? In LA? Unbelievable, I know), which of course, was the perfect timing to draw me some bathing suits:


.I don't know what' with the urge to drew vintage ones, but there you have it. They're a bit girly, but they're just sort of studies of shapes, construction and such. Hopefully, these will lead to some portfolio worthy stuff. That is, at least, the plan.

And here's some other stuff I've been scribbling this weekend:


Ahem - these are some studies for some plush I promised for a friend (I don't take challenges lightly, Mr. Madison. It's game on!). Now I need to figure out how to turn this terrifying, maniacal, violent meat eating machine into something cute and cuddly made of felt. Hmmph... I'll need to scribble some more.

And if work, a new portfolio, a new freelance, new knitting (yep!), more wholesale stuff and a challenge plush were not enough - I'm also contemplating this new little plush:


Yep, it's a self portrait. And I'm going to be keeping that one. If anyone volunteers to translate my excited scribbles into decipherable language, they will be rewarded generously.

P.S.
This Sunday was also our six months wedding anniversary. Wow, has it really been this long? Feels like yesterday...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, September 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why you waited so long to show us your sketches, I'll never know!

 
At 12:03 PM, September 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Realistic Trex jaw! Snap snap!!

Didn't tell you, told in the LJ but friend-locked it in fear of academic ogling. Anyways, the melanin research project I'm doing might end up a scientific article!! >.< very, very excited I am....

 
At 3:42 AM, October 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look, sis:

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/2/3137

Fraggle rock online!!

 
At 1:19 PM, October 03, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Lookin' good, Mitch! There are plenty of cute dinos out there. You still need to tell me what you want for a drawing as payment for the plush awesomeness. Also, great swimsuits. One of them looks like Michael Jackson's jacket from Thriller--sweet! That'd be a neat idea, Halloween-themed swim suits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home