Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Scary plush and exploring St. Louis

The weekend's heat wave left me with a killer migraine, but I still managed to work on my Crammed Organisms plush. Behold, the team of "Monstrously Nice" - they're monsters alright, but they try to look all innocent and nice so they can lure kids to their home and eat them. Mmm... Yummi. I actually got pretty tired of drawing all uber cute and stuff. I tried for more scary this time, and I'm pretty happy with the result.
These guys don't have names yet, but I'm working on it. This is my first time trying to sort out the colors in the design phase. All these guys are going to be made with synthetic fur, wool felt and cotton. I'm so excited I scare myself, I'm telling ya...


And with these creepy dudes, we too will be going to St. Louis! It's going to be a bit of a way belated honeymoon, late one year anniversary celebration, a post birthdays party with soon very needed and well deserved vacation thrown in for good measure. So, St. Louisians - any suggestions for a hip, kookie, nature, art, craft and fun loving LA couple coming to your lovely city?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, April 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them. I can't even quantify the love. It is that great.

 
At 11:16 AM, April 16, 2008, Blogger Kelly said...

I like the one wearing the bunny ears. I would buy him! Cute ears with scary horns are a good combo. I also like how their striped arms make them all part of the same family. :)

 
At 9:22 PM, April 18, 2008, Blogger Meirav Rath said...

You know what they look like? The giant fur monsters they had on The Muppet Show! God, I was frightened to death of them when I was a wee lass...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home