Sunday, October 05, 2008

Buonas noches, Señor Muertez!

I was recently accepted into the cool Dia de Los Plush show, at Red Hot Robot in Phoenix, AZ. Honestly, it was a short notice and I really had no time at all to even think about it, but I was intrigued. My art work, in case you're not very familiar, tends to be cute on the side of sweet and i've been trying to bring it a bit "to the dark side". I want to make it more edgy, a bit darker, more cynical and a bit creepy. Hence the child-eating monsters and the interest in a show that's inspired by the Day of the Dead.
Some research, some eating "Dead Bread" (provided kindly by one of our PA's wife) and a lot of gringo (read "white Jewish girl from the holly land") head scratching - and in came Señor Muertez,


(more pictures here)
He's Death's accountant (i've been watching too much Dead Like Me lately), and he's a crafty little guy. He made his own headdress himself. No, he didn't, actually. I did. And yes, it did take forever.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, October 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We seriously need to do a swap. NEED! Because I love every single one of you little guys more than the last! I pine! I swoon!

 
At 3:11 AM, October 07, 2008, Blogger nic [luzia pimpinella] said...

i love SENOR MUERTES! is he already taken...? ;)

 
At 12:07 PM, December 06, 2008, Blogger "KAT" {for short} said...

Hi! this dude is most awesome!!! i love all your characters & art! :)

m always looking for new sweet plushes to collect, so i'll stay tuned.

keep up the great work!

catherine

 
At 11:50 AM, December 10, 2008, Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love him what a cutie:)hugs Darcy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home