Sunday, May 11, 2008

I love...

... How a scribble...


... Turns to this...

... Which turns to this...

... and then to this...

... and finally to these:
Yorick

Stella

Igor

and Olaf

(more pictures here)
These are the monsters of "Monstrously Nice", my submission to Crammed Organisms.
I love how they came out, but I swear - never again will I commit to something I so blatantly have no time to do. I had a month to create a portfolio and these guys, and for someone with a day job, well... not quite possible I'm afraid. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited, super thankful and happy to have been accepted to the show, but I really finally need to learn how much I can do at any given time. I seem to always think I can cram more work into the time I have, and the end result is usually a massive lack of sleep, a filthy house and a very neglected husband. You'd really think that in twenty eight years (yeah, I almost forgot - it was my birthday last week) I'd learn my time-space limits. I need a Tardis, I really do...
And how are you? how are your creative juices doing these days?

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, May 12, 2008, Blogger Meirav Rath said...

Time limits? What time limits? Comrad Stalin says, work first, life later. Good enough approach for me, anyways ^_^

 
At 2:11 PM, May 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are adorable -- I especially love Stella.

 
At 5:58 PM, May 12, 2008, Blogger Tamar said...

Michal, those are freakin' awesome!!

 
At 7:12 PM, May 12, 2008, Blogger Diane Duda said...

If it makes you feel any better they are just about the cutest thing I ever saw!
I saw them on Flickr and loved them instantly. :)

Diane

 
At 10:42 AM, May 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THEM! I was going to say, "especially..." but then I couldn't decide which I loved more!

 
At 4:41 PM, June 17, 2008, Blogger Leeanna Butcher said...

SO Great! I think Igor is my favorite, although it was a difficult decision to make.

 
At 7:01 PM, July 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michal,

I'm speechless! They are all fantastic! And to think you did it with time constraints too? Wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home