Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bye bye Mr. Max

My piggy Max died today. He was an old pig, and he wasn't doing so well for the last few days, and the weekend heat-wave didn't do him very good. We came home tonight and he was gone.
Max was my college buddy. I got him on Christmas break of 2002 when I was lonely, homesick and feeling totally out of my element. I can't even describe what a great pet he's been. He'd recognize my steps coming down the hall and squeak to the high heavens until I walked in the door. He once, quite literally ate my homework. He often had more food then me (and more time to eat it). He was awesome, and I miss him. Tomorrow morning is going to feel so weird, without him nagging me to get him his breakfast carrots.
Bye bye, little baby pig. You were a great friend.





Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, June 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss. I know he had a good long life with you. You gave him as much as you got.

Love,
Dad

 
At 1:30 PM, June 23, 2008, Blogger Meirav Rath said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, sis. I keep bragging about how big he got and how old he got when he's being kept so well, you were good owners.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home