Saturday, June 06, 2009

And the "Maybe the Best" Award goes to...


1. Maybe the coolest nail polish color ever: It's OPI "NY Apple Red" (or some such), but it says more tomato to me. It's the pedicure I got at the end of a long spa day Ant got me for my birthday (he's definitely the coolest husband). And yes, of course it's a cup of coffee in the background. Dah.


2. Maybe the cutest plush pattern ever: It's Katy Kitty (with an extra coat pattern!) from Larissa of Mmmcrafts on Etsy. This is one heck of a well written pattern! It's very easy to follow, super cute, and I didn't even alter it much, I know, it's a shocker. Strange, how I drew very carefully inside the lines as a kid, but I refuse to follow any pattern without some sort of alterations as an adult... I'll ask my psychology student friend. But I digress, super cute, please buy it and support this super talented lady (or any of her other patterns). I made this for my best friend for her birthday and she loves it. Now I just need to make one for myself.


3. Maybe the tastiest banana bread in the world: - the low fat banana bread from The Veganomicon. Hands down. Make sure to add a bit of soy/rice/almond milk (for extra gooey-ness) and some walnuts and chocolate chips. I'm making an average of a loaf a week. I kid you not.

4. Maybe the best TV show: The Shield (well... maybe the best after Dexter, depends on what season you're talking about) The Shield. Excellent show, but sheesh... not for the weak of heart or stomach, though. It's like a mix between The Sopranos, Law and Order (do you really need a link?) and Dexter. Funny though how it's all shot in Los Feliz, Silverlake and Sunset Junction, which is all a ten minute radius from us, on foot. Yeah... Got to love LA.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, June 07, 2009, Anonymous Yo sistuh said...

I heard many a good things about vegonomicon, maybe I aught to check it out.

You should try watching Southland, it's another LA cop drama but the characters are much more realistic. It's like The Shield only slower and saner but good. Don't ever touch Life!!

 
At 10:14 AM, June 07, 2009, Blogger Larissa Holland said...

Michal, first of all your toes are fabulous. I think it is entirely unfair for some people to have such attractive feet. I'll make a note of your OPI color for my next pedicure and cross my fingers.
Secondly, Oh, my word, what a lot of VERY nice things for you to say! Thank you so much for this sweet endorsement of the Katy Kitty pattern, and may I say yours turned out just delightful in every way! I love her colors and the bow. So sweet! You make me want to drag my pattern out and make another one. Thanks so much!

 
At 8:52 AM, June 22, 2009, Blogger Bonus Mom said...

Your Kitty turned out sew cute ;) I love everything about her.

 
At 6:32 PM, August 10, 2009, Anonymous Jobs said...

Michal,

we do both love the red nail polish and your "NY apple red" looks fabulous on your toes. And i agree with you the best TV show for me also "The Shield"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home