Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 - The answers!
A bit early, maybe, and avoiding having to write a whole lot about my FOs (but I finally have pictures!), but better than senile me forgetting about it altogether, right? Here we go:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I am somewhat of a snob, I admit, but I am super sensitive to itchiness. However, my eyes sometimes react funny to very fuzzy yarn that has loose hairs coming out. I do well with most wool/alpaca/merino, though. Picky, picky...

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't, but I'd like to learn one day (mainly to crochet).

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Ah... I'm kind of working on a needle case. Right now they're all in a plastic bag...

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Since this past October. In most things I'm pretty intermediate.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, on Amazon.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
lavender, citrus, jasmin, orange blossom, tropical fruits and lemongrass. I generally like natural and gentle scents, not too sweet either. And I can't stand soapy or very obviously artificial scents. Did I mention that I'm picky?

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh, yeah... I confess. I'm experimental and will eat (almost) anything cocoa. Not Hershy's, though. Note that I'm a vegetarian, so no animal rennet, gelatin and such. Egg and dairy are fine (I'm not a vegan).

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I draw and as an animation student - I animate. I love films and am so glad I get to make them! I'd like to learn puppet making too, one day.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like jazz (bebop and onto modern and fusion), electronic and some classical rock. I have the ability to play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
"My" color is tomato red, but I'm honestly in love with color - period. My favorites are bright, vibrant and in funky combinations (like the Julia Vesper incredible sock yarn and Sweet Georgia's Whedon inspired colorways). I don't like "old" color combos, muted, dark and pastel colors, unless they are combined to create a total of more colorful effect.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am currently living with my partner, in our college dorms, about to move into our own apartment, in May. I have a guinea pig named Max. I grew up with cats, fish and one zebra finch.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and sometimes hats. & socks.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I'm enjoying my Vesper Sock yarn, but I don't really have a favorite yet.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I HATE novelty yarns, eyelash and such. And no scratchy acrylic too, please.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, socks, socks. Self striping socks. And fun, long scarves.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now - socks (he he... I'm lame). It's more the challenge than anything. And they look cute. Hey, how cool is that to knit your own socks?

17. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks, toe up simple socks.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, definitely!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
No real preference.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo for the look, but aluminum is just fine too.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope and I don't need any really.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I'm self educated. Which is probably why my grafting still sucks...

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably a couple of months. But in comparison to the length of my knitting career it's like - forever...

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Asking an animator! Oh, dear... I'd say Kermit the frog and the cat in the hat. As for animals - my top 3 will be: armadillos, capibaras and guinea pigs. I have a thing for the bizarre looking, I admit. Oh, of course: cats glore.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
None.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. Pretty and unique paper for inspiration, if that counts.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Oy, did you have to ask? Knitting Vintage Socks, Cozy Crochet (the book), Lorna's Laces, Socks that Rock, Koigu and Brown Sheep. That enough?

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Lacing.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yep. I'm only a bigfoot because I'm a size 9-9.5 on a 5'4"=5'5" smallish frame. My measurements: 10" foot length, almost 9" circumference, 7.5" instep. Did I mention I love socks yet?

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
May 2nd (1980)

Hope this helps!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home