Friday, July 21, 2006

SF: The Studio Sidekick


This little guy has been with me forever.
His name is Robin Cook (after a frisky former British minister of foreign affairs, don't ask me why, I don't remember). I got him on our first trip to the then new first branch of IKEA in Israel. It was probably 2001. I swear, things look at me sometimes and demand I take them home. He definitely did. How could I resist that quizzical tilt of the head?
He's been with me on my desk at my first serious job, sometimes sitting on my shoulder. He was sitting on the dashboard of my first car. He spent four years in my various cubes, and now, he's sitting on the drawr unit hosting arts and crafts supplies. And he still cheers me up any time I'm down. Isn't that what's it all about?

P.S.
Why am I not surprised, by the way, that most of our sidekicks seemed to be feline?

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, July 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah, he is such a cute sidekcik!! i love the stash of colours behind him, all those ribbons and floss, awesome photo!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home