Sunday, June 25, 2006

Some inspiration! At last...

I keep saying this, but it is true - what I love the most about blogland (mainly, its crafty sections), is how one blogger's work inspires another. Many of you guys are helping my post-film-portfolio-and-graduation slump, i can't even begin to tell you how much.
The latest round of inspiration has to do with Moki's stamped recipe card swap. I think I said before how deprived of ideas I was. I was very sure I was going to have to give it up, until I saw some of Tricia's attempts at it. Click went my brain. Phew! Since I saw that a day before the deadline, I spent a day (literally) making the stamp and the cards. Cheerful? You bet.
Than, this weekend, I saw this amazing coloring book. Another idea rolling inside my head. Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? Cross your fingers for me, please! I sure hope it is.

I'll leave you with the progress shots on the recipe cards. I hope whoever get them likes them!

The sketch and printed front

Copied to the carving block

The outside lines are cut

Test stamping

The final product

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the image! And the way you show the process. You'll be in my favourites, to show to people who want to know, how.

Nolleke

 
At 5:27 PM, July 09, 2006, Blogger Michal Wright-Ward said...

thank you very much! you should check out this excellent tutorial too. that's where i learned how to make these.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home