Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Catching up #6 - and it's the last

So... This time it's about MY life, ah? The person, not the arts/crafts and other partners. What am I doing with myself these days?
Well, I'm still sort of getting used to the idea that there is no school anymore, that I have my own place, that we have more bills to pay. I'm trying to get a new deferment set on my student loans, which required applying for unemployment benefits (sigh...). Fun bureaucracy. I'm good at those things, which is just fine, but it's also annoying. Tell you what, at least I have things planned out so that I'll be paying less interest on those loans. which is very very important.
We joined the local gym, which is a bit of a fancy one by comparison to our last one, but has many more services, including a shower that doesn't suck and free classes. Frankly, when you take into account that usually a class at the gym is an extra payment, the difference in price between this and our old one disappears if we take only one class a week. I'm planning on taking two. And we're going to get two free training sessions for counceling, which I intend on spending on stretching and to learn proper bio-mechanics so that I'll stop screwing with my ill calves.
On the entertainment from, I'm now sewing too, and am planning on learning to crochet soon too. A bit busy on that front, but that's a good thing. We have our high speed internet, which makes my reading of all your great blogs much faster and more fun. And since we added the $5 to get HBO on our tv, we also get ALL OF THEIR ON DEMAND STUFF FOR FREE. Which means - we don't need to wait until The Sopranos is released on DVD. YEEEEEEEEEESSS! Except for that, I got re-hooked on Animal Planet, and Ant is catching up on the new Doctor Who. Excellent.
Job-wise... still looking. I'm going to begin the real hunt this week, while working on a new portfolio, a new website, an art blog and some new art. On that regard I can tell you that I've been bored stiff with what I've been doing for the past two years, style and subject matter-wise. I need a change.
What I have to say, and I've said it before, is that as hard as the past few weeks have been, it was a great comfort to know you guys are around, and talking to many of you. It's not like I'm spilling my heart out here, but reading you guys' own writing, and seeing your inspiring work has been a great comfort and help. It's good to have friends.

And on a cheerful note, we have a family of cats outside out window, with a baby girl who's about Suki's age. It's a cheerful sight, let me tell you.

1 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those two are just too cute! They want Suki to come out and play with them! :-))

Great to hear an update on what you're up to these days ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home