Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Catching up #5

I've recently discovered sewing. Oh, mama. Have I discovered sewing... In case you haven't seen my clumsy little doggy - it was the first. Thanks for all the compliments!
Once I figured out how to work my lovely little machine (it's a Singer 8280, in case you're interested), and once I got over the truma of f**king things up a couple of times, I decided to jump in the water once again. This time, it was for a Hooray for Headbands!TM headband, by Heather Bailey. The first one is the polka dot one. It took me a while.
It took long to copy, cut (I'm not used to the rotary at all), pin together and sew (multiple times, slowly, and ripping every second attempt). But I was patient. Once everything was put together, it was clear why this pattern is so darn successful: the headband is cute, comfortable and stylish. And it's the perfect accessory to my everyday do. Perfect. So the next day, I've sewn three more.
It was much easier this time around.





And look, even Suki approves.

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Looking good! I love the fabrics you worked with so much!! Just beautiful!! I bet Suki would enjoy wearing one, too ;-) Aaaah, look at her big feet, just adorable!! I'd lovge to come over for some playtime :-D

xoxox
T.

 
At 6:34 PM, July 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you hung in there with the sewing! The headbands look great!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home