Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sewing help anybody?

So, I've decided to get myself a sewing machine for my birthday. I kind of knew already, but writing that post kind of nailed it. And I'm so excited! But I'm a bit clueless... Can you help, mabey?
I'm a real rookie to the world of sewing - I know maybe one stitch of sewing, and it's very crooked... My grandma used to be a seamstress, so I've seen her ancient Singer at work a lot. But now I'm about to buy a sewing machine - and I have no idea which! There are so many... I'd like a reliable beginner machine, so sew softies, some bags, a very simple piece of clothing maybe, so I don't really need anything fancy for start. What models would you recommend? Brand? What d you use?
And how about some instruction? Any good books about hand and machine sewing? Simple pattern books? Any good classes in southern California?
Any help/suggestion/advice will be really nice, thank you!
And now, back to something I kind of know how to do. Drwaing...

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, March 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a singer, whcich I love. I got it at Walmart...sorry I dont know the model. I have had BAD experiences with a couple of machines by 'brother' but they were the very basic cheap ones.

 
At 1:36 AM, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michal, Singer is the thing. I've owned one for many years (yeah, who would've guessed?), and it's robust and precise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home