Friday, March 10, 2006

An unusual feet photo
Not that any one you haven't see my feet before, but they were usually wrapped in this sock or another. Today they're bare. Well, almost. I'm wearing my newly purchased orthopedic insoles. Long story, let me start in the beginning:
Remember how I told you my shins were killing me when I was running? Well, they were, and for the longest time I thought it was because I fell pretty bad ice skating almost 10 years ago (sheesh...) in high school. Well, it wasn't. Which was good, because if it was a bone issue, it'd mean surgery. Scary stuff. But the pain was bad. So I finally went to an orthopedist to check it out, and it turns out - It's not my bones.
I have soft tissue damage: tendonitis and sprains in the calf muscles and tendons because my feet are cardboard flat. I didn't even realise my calves were darn swollen! So - off to physical therapy I go. I did that for two weeks and my doctor says I'm almost done! And most of the swelling is gone too. The down side was that I needed to get orthopedic insoles. More expenses, great. But what needs to get done, will get done, and by this point I'm all hyped up about running (I get really hyped about anything I can't do. Challenge? Bring it on!) and the pain won't go away without them. So I opted for the more generic type (the custom insoles would cost $280, no insurance coverage, thank you very much) - which is still very comfy. I'll update you as I test drive them this weekend. Wish me luck!
Until next time - more happy photos of my new green friends:


Have a good weekend, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home