Friday, October 26, 2007

Moving on - moving up

So! Long time no speak. Believe it or not - I was busy. But for a change - I can actually tell you about what kept me busy! Ready?

First things first - I got a new job! My first real (animation) industry job: I'm going to be a production assistant (PA) at Nickelodeon. I'm stoked, really excited. It's going to be a lot of work, lots of learning and lots of stress - but hey, that's what I came half way across the globe for!
I gave my two week notice at Whole Foods already and my last shift is on Wednesday. The countdown is so on.

More on the creative front, let's see if you can guess what these are?


Yeah, these are my new Xmas ornaments. Remember them penguins from last year? Tis year, I've decided to make ornaments in sets. There'll be two sets of three ornaments each, one of celebrating raccoons and the other of joyful reindeer. I also designed a more traditional holiday-ish set, but only one of the prints worked out well, which I'll sell as individuals ornaments. They'll be available in my shop as well as in a high end online shop I'm so very excited to work with. Get ready for the mad holiday season, craftsters!

On the knitting front, I've been making me some fall/winter clothes, the first of which is what I fondly call - the "Frankenstein Shrug". Why Frankenstein? Because it's made up of a number of different patterns. The body is based on the Two Toned Shrug from Fitted Knits, measurements based on the formula Ysolda shared in her Ribby series, using a cloverleaf pattern. So far - knock on wood, it's working well. Cross your fingers it ends up something I'll actually wear this time...





Other things that happend:
Look at this cutie:


This is Sam, my folks' new cat. Doesn't he look like a certain someone? He's a ragdoll and he's adorable. He's also gianormous! Say hi, fellows!

What does Suki have to say?


Nothing. She's into cuddling these days. A lot of cuddling.

The Damages season finale was ok, but not what I've expected. I still think the premise was cool, Glenn Close rocks, the production design was brilliant - but the end result... Could have been better. I really do need to write that "TV review" post. I'm such a harsh critic.

Ant got me totally hooked on The Walking Dead. Strange how the king of gore and dark stories ended up with the queen of all that is cute (that's us, by the way), but it's actually a darn good comic that's kind of hard to put down. There's actually not that many zombies in it, it's a lot more about people, surviving in a world that is evil and desparate and pretty hopeless. And it's got an introduction by Simon Pegg, which makes me like it even more.

And it finally seems like the fires are dying down. No, they didn't get close, but the news that Valencia got hit again reminded us of the same time of year in 2003 when we weren't sure if our school was going to go up in smoke. Man it was crazy... The fires didn't come close, but the smoke did, and the south bay couldn't breath for three days. We were lucky, though. We could have been in San Diego.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, October 26, 2007, Blogger AJ said...

Congratulations on your new job! The kitten is absolutely 100% cute! I love ragdolls and Siamese, (I have one myself).

 
At 9:40 AM, October 27, 2007, Blogger Meirav Rath said...

Hey sis! NICE sweater!! I love the color, very much. I'm not shopping for winter clothing but it's SO HARD o find something cute and special and not overpriced (if something special even exists in stores heres *rolls eyes*) wish I had you here to knit me things.

Anyways, I've ditched Livejournal and it's tweaks and have got my own blogspot blog, chekk it 0ut y0

 
At 10:11 AM, October 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the ornaments. LOVE! Can you hear me squeeling? They are so cute! Congrats again on the job. Do you know what shows you'll be working on? Your parents' cat looks evil in that picture. He's all, "This couch is mine. I shall eat you if you come any closer." Cute, but definetly evil!

 
At 8:22 AM, October 31, 2007, Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Congrats on the new job! Best of luck to you!!! I hope we hear great things from you about it!

 
At 1:33 PM, October 31, 2007, Blogger Bonghi Vestiti said...

congratulations on your new job! My sister has a ragdoll cat...that guy is beautiful...the older he gets the grayer and darker he gets...but he is stunning!!!...he really doesn't think much of company though...hahaha...he really can be a snob! hhaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home