Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Socks, socks, socks!
Anyone who thought I was getting addicted to sock knitting - you're right. I just finished the "Midnight Knitter" socks, and immidiately cast on for the "Aqua Melon" footsies I've been drooling about in my dreams (UFOs? What UFOs?). But first - "Midnight Knitter:
So they're OK. I'd give them a C+ for the effort. I wish I ribbbed the entire body for a nicer fit, and that I did the toes better. Also, did I mention that I can't kitchner? Next time, I promise...



See the sucky kitchenering?

And so I started the lovely footsies
I've been drooling just thinking about.Took me a bit to figure out the folded picot edge (thanks to Melinda and her excellent tutorial), then I made it for both socks in advance (because I'm senile and I'd screw the second sock up if I waited. I know I would have). I'm working the heel of the first one now. And I think I'm actually getting better at this. Shhh... Don't tell anyone...

1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, February 05, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

Love your vesper socks! I am desperately searching for a footie pattern - what pattern did you use for your Aquamelon Footies, if I may ask.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home