It's a triple digit here (and it's not the weather)!
The day has come! The day has come! This is my 100th blog entry in these caffeinated lands. Hooray! So much happened since I posted for the first time in December. I learned to knit socks, saw, finished a film (almost), graduated, started my own independent life... phew! And it hasn't even been a year! How time flies...
I also met lot of great people and cool artists, got inspired, exchanged my handiwork (and chocolate) with several people. Many are the pleasures of blogland. I even opened a second blog! Who'd have thank that this shy person here will be talking to the great void filled with 0s and 1s called the internet. With all the hiatuses, no energy to write, nothing to write about and no mood to write about anything - I'm still here. And I dare say, this blog will see it's official first birthday (at least).
And now - the moment you've all been waiting for: The first Yarn and Coffee Blog Contest!
Here it is and here are the rules:
You may know that artistically, I am just now crawling out of a major dry spell, and I'm out of you a lot because of you folks. Your work or work you have exposed me to these past few months, opened many doors for me and helped the cogs in my brain to start moving again after a very tough senior year. And this is the subject of this here little contest: Inspiration.
Share with me five things that are inspiring to you. These could be artists, books, food, people, animals, places, events - anything that has been very inspiring for you all your life, in the past few month, helped shape your artistic - anything. Share with the world what makes you and your work, you (and your work). And if you have less than five, that's ok too.
1. You mast post a comment with your inspirations. If there's a link to your inspiration/s, please post it for other readers to see too.
2. Don't comment anonymously. Tell us who you are and what you do (and allow me to distinguish you from other commenters). You don't have to have a blog, that's ok. You can participate too.
3. Please fill the email address field. No one will see it, but it'll make it easy for me to contact you when you win.
4. Winner will be chosen at random, so comment freely. No idea is stupid.
5. I reserve the right to remove comments and links that are offensive (no porn, please).
6. Deadline to comment in August 14th, two weeks exactly. The winner will be announced on August 18th.
7. A prize is guaranteed to one commenter. The more people comment, the bigger the prize.
And that's it! I will share my inspiration with you tomorrow. Boy, am I excited!
Ready? Set... Comment!