Friday, November 10, 2006

Happy Birthday, Sis!!

Today, my little sister turned 23. 23?! For crying out loud... My little sister... Snif! My parents have all of the embarrassing childhood photos, so I'll share some stories:
1. I was three and a half when she was born and I was so excited.
2. We still look extremely alike, but as small girls - we were identical. So much so that in old photos it's hard to tell if the curly haired infant is me or her. The fact that she inherited most of my clothes probably didn't help.
3. All through our school years, I've been the science and math geek and my sister was the cool creative girl. I ended up with an art degree and she's just began studying biology. Of course, she's still super creative, and me? I'm still a geek.
4. She introduced me for real to British comedy. Thank goodness.
5. She's a real fighter for human rights, women's rights, animal rights and general equality and fairness. And I'm so darn proud of her.
Happy birthday, Sis!



These are, if you didn't recognize, are the most cruel, evil bunnies, with big pointy teeth. They're the bunny slippers from "Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker". I had to add a round to every part of the pattern because it felt a bit too small to our largish feet (sis is 10cm taller than me, so for her 9.5 is ok. grr.....), the eyes are safety eyes from here, and they have felt teeth (big and pointy). Thankfully, she likes them. Score!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, November 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They remind me of the deadly bunny from Monty Python's The Quest For The Holy Graal... hihihi!!

 
At 6:11 PM, November 13, 2006, Blogger Melissa said...

Those slippers are fantastic.

 
At 6:24 PM, November 13, 2006, Blogger Michal Wright-Ward said...

thank you, ladies! they were a really fun project to start my crocheting "career". this book is warmly recommended

 
At 6:39 AM, January 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are the most wonderful slippers i have ever seen. Would you consider making a pair for someone for $?

 
At 6:34 PM, January 29, 2008, Blogger Michal Wright-Ward said...

Hi Fluffinbunni,
thank you for the compliments. unfortunately, I cannot make those for you or anyone for money. this is why:
making money or any other sort of profit using someone else's ideas or work in any way at all. it's copyright infrongement and will likely get me into court. not only is it illegal - it's also not nice as one crafter to another.
so my recommendation is that you get the book and learn to crochet (it's really easy). and then not only will you have a cute pair of bunny slippers - but they'd be ones you made by you. which is the best part, in my humble opinion.
Michal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home