Happy Birthday, Sis!!
Today, my little sister turned 23. 23?! For crying out loud... My little sister... Snif! My parents have all of the embarrassing childhood photos, so I'll share some stories:
1. I was three and a half when she was born and I was so excited.
2. We still look extremely alike, but as small girls - we were identical. So much so that in old photos it's hard to tell if the curly haired infant is me or her. The fact that she inherited most of my clothes probably didn't help.
3. All through our school years, I've been the science and math geek and my sister was the cool creative girl. I ended up with an art degree and she's just began studying biology. Of course, she's still super creative, and me? I'm still a geek.
4. She introduced me for real to British comedy. Thank goodness.
5. She's a real fighter for human rights, women's rights, animal rights and general equality and fairness. And I'm so darn proud of her.
Happy birthday, Sis!
These are, if you didn't recognize, are the most cruel, evil bunnies, with big pointy teeth. They're the bunny slippers from "Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker". I had to add a round to every part of the pattern because it felt a bit too small to our largish feet (sis is 10cm taller than me, so for her 9.5 is ok. grr.....), the eyes are safety eyes from here, and they have felt teeth (big and pointy). Thankfully, she likes them. Score!