Saturday, November 25, 2006

Yo, yo!

Guess who's finished? Yes - somewhat cowl is oficcially an FO. Presenting:


Specs:
Pattern: The something cowl by Wendy Bernard of Knit and Tonic
Knit at size XS (32")
Yarn: Debbie Bliss, Baby Cashmerino in Teal
Needles: US sizes 4 and 5 Inox circulars
Modifications: Yes.

Ah... Where do I start? First of all, I must sy that the whole "making your own clothes" is a serious high. After taking this picture, we went out with me wearing this, under it a cami I modified, my jeans were patched and I was sporting my new Japanese bag (which I didn't get to share with you yet, eep!). Got to love the DIY feeling. On the other hand - gosh, am I glad this is over!
My main beef with the pattern is that I felt it'd be much easier if it specified some of the measurements in number of stitches rather than inches - mainly the raglan seams. I think this is one of the reasons why many people had a problem with the sleeves. I resorted to doing the calculations Ysolda mentions here (I think the link doesn't work) and pretty much sorted it out. Did I mention I frogged the thing four times? That's the reason for one of the times. As you can see, I didn't knit the cowl that deep, used the waist shaping and knit the sweater as long a the yarn allowed (I even frogged the swatches).
All in all, I like it and will definitely wear it. I wish I knit it even smaller because it's a bit floppy around the armpits. And I must learn the proper way to do a tubular bind off on a k2p2 rib. That did not come out pretty.
What's next? This. Yummy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, December 01, 2006, Blogger Bill said...

Splended job:)
Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home