Monday, August 07, 2006

Busy last few days

So it seems like I've been finishing up things lately. Know what that means? It's sharing time (of pictures. I'm not sharing my TJ's chocolate soy milk. That's mine!):


Check out my cute new Hedra socks! I love this pattern, I really can't recommend it enough. Although Elfine was more complicated lace-wise, it was still a great challenge. Cookie's just a genius. Seriously, most of the sock patterns I've become fond of recently are hers. My only modification - I cast on a stretchy cast on (cast on double the stitches that k2tog, p2tog across) because although the fabric itself is nice and stretchy, the cuff was not. And for a bigfoot like me, it made a world of difference. I love those socks, though (and they're pink too! What's happening to me, ah?). Warmly recommended. More pictures here.


I finished my self-figured-out-pattern cosmetic bag, and I'm pretty pleased. I ended up adding a layer of thick interfacing between the outer fabric and the lining. It also has a pocket inside, which I'm very proud of myself for figuring out. And how I figured out the zipper, that was also too long. Big pat on the back. And I won't tell you how many times I took it apar because I made a boo-boo. Or how much I screwed up with the hand sewing finishing. More photos here.

And look at our cat neighbours! I wonder when they first discovered Suki, because both seemed pretty nonchalant. She was very excited, thoguh. Remember the mom and her kitten? We haven't see the baby for a while, but mom and dad are still around. We suspect that they belong to our human neighbour.

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Jessica said...

I love your cosmetics pouch, had you seen one like it somewhere that made you want to figure it out?

 
At 12:19 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Michal Wright-Ward said...

thank you! yes, actually. i saw one on etsy, and had to try and figure it out. there were tutorials i found that explained parts of it (attaching a zipper and such) but making the pattern and putting it all together has been my work. it wasn't a perfectly executed project, but i love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home