Thursday, August 10, 2006

Goodness in the mail

I love it when I get stuff in the mail. When I was in college (wow! I can already talk about it in past tense...), it was a great cure for the loneliness of an international student. I think I probably bought too many books because of it (and the joy of finally being able to buy from Amazon). It just makes you feel like someone is thinking about you, and wants to suprise you and make you happy. The mailroom people must have felt very bad for me.
No longer a miserably lonely student, I still like the postman. And I think he likes me back. See what he brought in the past few days:


Remember my craving for this book? Well, I was looking for the link for that post, and saw that there was one left in stock, and "more are on the way". Yeah, and I would trust that... So now it's back in stock, but it costs a whole sixty eight cents more. Got a deal, ah? And of course I had to get the total cost up to get the free shipping, so I "padded" it with more moomin books (I was running out of them). Worth every penny.


A while ago, I won a contest with Strange Little Mama, and this week I got my prize! Check out the cool sock yarn! Perfectly Ant's colors. So finally I will get to knit him something serious. Thank you Carole!


And last but definitely not the least - the amazing collection of stamped recipe cards from Moki's swap finally arrived! And what an amazing collection it is. From top to bottom, left to right: Lain Enmann, Dawn, (missing name and blog), Kleas, Moki, Holly(?), Julie, Rose, Amy, and Frizzelstixs (a card and a card bag. Excellent bundle, ah? (To remind you, I made this for the swap. That was scary at first but fun. Thanks Moki!)

1 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger holly_44109 said...

i loved your recipe cards...thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home