Friday, August 11, 2006

WIP Friday

It's another Friday, and it's time for the weekly WIP Friday! This week, I have some knitting stuff for you since all my sewing is still on my To Sew List. I've actually sewn something I'm really happy about, but I can't show it to you yet. So here's what I can show:
This is Branching Out in this great kid mohair and silk yarn from this lovely swap. As you can see, I'm knitting it with two strands held together. I love this yarn and this pattern is fantastic too, but the yellow is not exactly me. I'll have to apologize to the dear Jixichick and overdye it somehow, otherwise it'll be a wonderful and soft scarf that sits in my drawer for eternity. That would be a waste, no? Question is, how do you dye mohair/silk mix? That obviously won't be a Kool-Aid project...
Simple stockinette socks for Ant, made from this lovely Lana Grossa, knitted two together on two circular needles. I like the striping a lot, I just hope I have enough yarn for a decent length pair. The two half balls look a bit small-ish. The funny thing is, that Ant's feet are almost my size. Almost, meaning - slightly smaller. Yep, ain't that lovely... Hey, at least it means I don't need to disturb him much for measurement, right?


I'll leave you with some cuteness of the feline kind: Suki and I fighting over the mousepad. She'll sometimes com and sit on my mouse-working hand. Maybe I need to make her a pad for herself (a cat pad?). Did you know we have a gourmet kitty? She's already demanding ice cream and smoked salmon, but yesterday she went completely nuts for some brie. Brie! And a soft, smelly one too that was left outside for a couple of hours (I wonder if she'd like it as much if it was straight out of the fridge...). Too cute...

And please don't forget to participate in my little contest, you have only three days to enter! Hurry!

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Tamar said...

Oh good, I am still in time to get in on the contest! I hope I am allowed to chime in even as a brand new reader. :)

So, 5 things that inspire me:

1. Having time - daydreaming and just going along with a project without the clock breathing down my neck.

2. Blogs (okay, predictable, I know) - but it is not just the things people make, but also knowing that other people have the making-things bug too and somehow find time to do it.

3. My grandfather - he has painted every day since the day he retired. You can see his paintings here (he makes websites too).

4. Everyday things - maybe it's because I study history, but I am always thinking about how once the colors and shapes of the 80s (when I was growing up) seemed so new and now, well... What about the my new toaster? What makes it so "2006"?

5. "Folk" art & textiles - pretty much from everywhere.

Oh, and no wonder your kitty likes your mousepad - it is fabulous!

Also - thanks so much for stopping by my blog, it is always great to meet other crafty Israeli gals! I used to think I was the only one...

 
At 3:55 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

i love both of those yarns! i can see not wanting to wear a bright yellow scarf, i probably wouldn't want to either, but i do think the branching out pattern looks really cool in that color!

 
At 5:36 PM, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suki is too cute there!! She has grown so much, wow!!! Cute horse in the background, too hehe. that yarn is so pretty!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home